Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Second time together

 

 

 

This evening was Esma and Lokum's second time being together. They're reunion is coming along nicely.  


The first time together Lokum tried mounting her two times and each time I told him to stop it he stopped right away.  This time he tried playing with her, he kind of tackled her he's very much a puppy still even at  4 years of age, but like when he tried mounting Esma I told him to stop it and he stopped.  Esma's response was to ignore him even though she was getting tackled.  


I let Esma and Lokum spend many hours by each other in adjacent pens, she seems happiest when she is by him. She eats best by Lokum as well.  


I still bring her in at night as she is still very skittish around us and people in general.  However Esma does wag her tail and get a little excited when I bring her food.  


So far the only way I can catch Esma is if she is in confined quarters.  She tries to evade me but as soon as my hands touch her she stops and submits to having a leash put on, once the leash is on she calms down and does quite well.  When Esma is in the back play yard I can't catch her out there and she won't come to me so I let her in the house and then I can catch her in the house.  


Even getting her in the house has been a process, in the beginning Kelli and I had to kind of round her up and herd her into the house the two of us, but now If we step to the side and open the door she quickly scoots inside breezing past us so as not to get too close.  


We are convinced that she has had one or more bad experiences with people.  Perhaps when she was loose for 5 days or something else.  



Last night we had a thunder storm and she seems to be quite afraid of storms and hid under the piano all night until morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment