Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Monday, September 2, 2019

Esma day 5

As of last night Esma began to bark while out in the back yard, which I think is a good sign that she is acclimating to her new home. She also barked a couple times today.  

Yesterday I brought a half dozen sheep in the back yard to mow the grass and then brought out Esma, she did very well with them even when they would try to butt her. Her response was exactly what I would hope for in a livestock guardian dog, she simply avoided them.  Lokum on the other hand snarls and bites at them if they try bossing him.

Esma came from a farm that had goats so fortunately she is already accustomed to livestock. But with a new dog I never know what to expect and one that's 5 years old already.

 

In the above video I happened to catch a perfect scenario of the sheep getting bossy with Esma and her great response of simply getting out of the way.

It's been a little touch and go with feeding Esma, she won't eat out of a bowl so I have been putting it on a paper plate, mixing dry commercial dog food with the raw meat that we got from Jennifer. She has actually been leaving a lot of the dry dog food. 

So today I went to the store and got various kinds of canned dog food. This seemed to be the trick as she quickly devoured the canned dog food. I happened to open the diamond brand lamb and that's what she liked. 

Diamond is the brand I have been using for all my Kangals.  So if she keeps liking it I will probably stick with this brand. Just trying to get some meat on her bones before winter gets here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment