Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Esma-Day 8 "Awkward"???

The photo's below were about the 4th time of bringing Esma and Lokum together through fences. Each time Esma wags her tail when she sees him. And Lokum is usually overly demonstrative. 




Lokum on the left Esma on the right


I posted a couple of of these pictures on facebook and someone thought that the dogs looked "awkward". If they look awkward or stressed it is because I was making Lokum sit by the fence so that I could get them both in the picture at once.  So he wasn't real happy about being made to do something and Esma was being shy about the whole thing. So yeah they don't look at ease in the picture but that's why. And I had just brought Lokum back from having a run so he was panting heavily. Otherwise when I first brought Lokum over to the fence they both were at ease and happy to see each other.  It was actually the first time that Lokum didn't become overly demonstrative, probably because he had just burned off some energy.

These pictures were taken yesterday which was Day 7 of having Esma. I am counting the drive day last Thursday August  29 when we actually picked her up. 

Today is Day 8.  And for the past several days I have switched her to canned dog food.  It's been hit and miss trying to get her to eat as we want her to gain a little weight. But the canned dog food is the key to getting her to eat regularly. I've been feeding her twice a day with whatever treats in between that I can get her to take.
Today she started sleeping in our grand kids tipi.  Another step to feeling more at home here.

Also just a few minutes ago I went out to feed Esma and it began to rain I thought she'd run back into the tipi but when I opened the door of our house to come in she was right there and eager to come in with me. This is unusual because almost every time we bring her in we have to "herd" her in as she will not just come in when we open the door. She gets spooked and runs around the outside perimeter until we can funnel her inside the house, usually taking 2 of us to accomplish it.  Only a few times has she come in when we open the door and coax her.  So this too was a first. There will be many more "firsts" in the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment