Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lokum meets the sheep











The below text is pretty much what I included in this video
which basically gives a run-down of what’s in the video and pictures.


Last week April 14th,2017 I took our new Kangal
Dog Lokum out to meet the sheep for the first time since we’ve had him.  He already knows Sarah our Kangal that we’ve
had for about 5 years. 


Although Sarah knows Lokum also she wasn’t overly thrilled
to see Lokum out by her sheep at first. 
I could tell by her body language that she wasn’t so sure about this.


Notice how her tail goes round and round, this is not her
normal posture when she is at ease. 


Sarah starts to warm up realizing that Lokum isn’t a threat.


Swishing her tail happily.


You might notice in the back ground one of our ewes that
didn’t get sheared last year.


We will get to her when we shear in May.


Lokum meets the ram.


Lokum was uneasy with the ram staring him down and was a
little jumpy.


Lokum definitely had both eyes fixed on him.


This last portion is of Lokum meeting our ram. Since I was
recording by myself the video quality was terrible as I was trying to monitor their
interaction so I only have four pictures to illustrate with.


No comments:

Post a Comment