Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A growing puppy

I weighed Arie today and she was 35 lbs. on our bathroom scale. She is 12 weeks and 3 days old today.

I knew the day would come and probably sooner rather than later, that she would find her feet. She now has the dexterity to be able to dig a hole in sod. Yesterday when I got home from working I went out to see her and she had dug a hole about the size of a large soft ball. And it was right at the edge of the fence. A little better hole and she would have been able to get out. I think she was just bored and wanting something to do not that she really wanted out. Actually I think she just got lucky in that the hole was right next to the fence. But, give her a reason in the not to distant future to want out and she will have that move down pat!

Ariealla still accompanies me while doing my daily chores. She usually comes with me twice a day. Unless I'm in a hurry or something but, she always is with me at least once during chores. It takes me about an hour, so she gets the routine up to two hours a day. She is starting to get the hang of it. I still pick her up to put her in the truck because she is still pretty clumsy and can't hardly pull her self up.

She can jump out but, I only limit that to one time a day until she gets stronger. I've heard that large breed puppies can develop joint problems if you let them jump down from high places.

The first time I let her jump out she collapsed under her own weight. Actually this is the first week I started letting her jump out once a day.



Here Arie waits for me to help her out. Who has who trained I wonder?



This evening I took a camera with me as I tended the main flock. It was getting dark so I had to use the flash.
Arie is now much more comfortable with the sheep. They still want to ram at her through the fence somewhat but, they too are getting more comfortable. Maybe they are realizing this "wolf" is with me. The rams are much more assertive at ramming at her through the fence but, they too seem to be getting a little more used to her. I have to watch her like a hawk when she is on their side because I'm afraid if she put her head through the fence they could break her neck.

The ram on the right had just hit the fence and Arie prances away like it didn't bother her at all.



Not about to show them she's afraid she quickly doubles back to face her attackers.



Titan tilts his head down in a threatening manner warning Arie not to get too close.


Here Arie and Titan make up with Titan giving Arie a sniff and Arie giving him a quick kiss.


In the next two pictures Arie and Dakota get better acquainted.



No comments:

Post a Comment