Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Saturday, August 28, 2010

40 lbs. today

At almost, 14 weeks, Arie is now 40 lbs. Just weighed her today.
She is growing fast. I feed her Purina Puppy Chow supplemented with chicken and turkey innards, livers, hearts and gizzards. Plus I've been making a broth with all of the above and boiled necks and feet and pour that over the works twice a day. There is supposed to be good stuff in the feet for both humans and animals alike. I don't feed Arie the bones though. I just don't want to take a chance of her choking or them getting stuck or anything. I do feed her raw beef bones however, since they bigger.



After Arie's weigh in, I took her out to the main flock of sheep for a visit.


I sat with her for awhile just letting them all get more used to each other.


The sheep seemed extra inquisitive today for some reason, and they all lined up along the fence to check Arie out.


Next, I tied Arie to the fence for a little while. The sheep still were curious about this strange newcomer.



This was the first time since when I put Arie in with them the other day, that the sheep have seen her again for a prolonged time. So maybe they remembered their last encounter with her, I don't know.

I'm having lots of fun with our new puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment