Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Saturday, September 18, 2010

8 point buck


Last night an unfortunate motorist hit this 8 point buck out front of our place. The person who hit it was fine. It was a shame because it was a beautiful animal. In fact our neighbor who is an avid bow hunter had this same buck coming to his property and he had hoped to take this fine buck this morning at the start of the hunting season. It wasn't meant to be though since just a matter of hours before the start of it this deer was killed.
I always fed my Siberian Husky road kill when he was alive and I did not want to waste the opportunity to give Arie some excellent grub so I went out late last night and drug it home.
I spent all afternoon cutting it up. I'm guessing I got at least 70 pounds of meat.

During the time I was cutting up venison I had Arie in the goat pen. She did very well with Stinky today. I think he only whacked her once. And she was fairly content to just hang out with him.


After a while I got her a nice meaty bone to chew on from that deer. A funny thing about this picture is every time I tried to get a side view of Arie chewing on the bone she'd turn her rear end toward me. She kept her butt between me and her bone. Maybe she thought I'd try to take away from her. I thought it was funny.



Arie was in heaven gnawing on this bone today. She loves to chew and this gave her something good to do.






I really like Aries two little black spots on her head. This picture shows them pretty well. It is a noteworthy feature that most people mention when they see her.






1 comment:

  1. Nice. I hate to see animals wasted. I just harvested my two deer this year. I fed my dogs the trimmings and more of what I ate.

    Taking fresh roadkill is actually a good thing and should not have such a stigma. I shot both of my deer, but I just heard of a person who hit a deer and took it home. I just have a different view these days.

    ReplyDelete