Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Sunday, September 12, 2010

50 pounds today

Ariella weighed in at 50 lbs. today. Half way to a hundred!
And she chased her first coyote!




Well, sort of.....

She was in the truck with me earlier tonight and I saw a coyote not far from the chicken yard so I pursued it. Chased it all the way to the fence line where it high tailed it over and disappeared into the darkness. Arie laid down relaxing in the seat next to me the whole time and had no idea at what just transpired. After the coyote got away I told her, "you just chased your first coyote and you had no idea!"

In the above picture Arie spots Junior one of our farm cats.


So she took pursuit of the cat to get a better look. Arie wants badly to chase the cats. I'm glad when the cats hold their ground and resist the urge to run. Then all she does is give them a good sniff and then Arie quickly looses interest. But, if they run all she wants to do is chase them.


Every day I tie Arie next to the house while I prepare her food. She almost always waits patiently for me to return.


Often she simply lays down and waits but, in this picture she looks in the house perhaps wondering what all lies behind the door. She's never been inside.

During the past week Arie has begun an incessant need to play with everything and I mean everything. She wants to bite everything she comes in contact with. Sticks, stones, plants, me or anyone else or any part of you, clothing shoes and what have you. It's a real challenge of how to deal with it. Do you play back and perhaps encourage it? Playing definitely encourages her to continue and to get more into it, never quiting for a second. Usually i just try to change her mind and get her distracted but, it isn't easy.
It's funny. I keep telling my family how Arie does something different every week. It's always kind of a surprise yet it's not all at the same time. I've read alot about the behaviour of LGD's and everything she has done so far has been mentioned at some point. Ariella is different from any dog I've ever had. And lots of work but, it's certainly going to be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment