Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Tuesday, April 22, 2014



Here's some video of Sarah that I took today.

Winter is just about over here in northern Wisconsin as of April 22, 2014. We had over a foot of snow on the ground just days ago, from a spring time snow storm.

Winter was so tough this year that I wound up making our Kangal Dog Sarah a little fat. I kept feeding her well hoping that the extra food would help keep her warm. But she did well nonetheless even in the sustained sub zero temps that we had a good part of the winter. As of the shooting of this video she still has her winter coat at this point and has barely started to shed.

2 comments:

  1. Hello ! Could you possibly tell me the usual weight for an 8 month old kengal ? Yours is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my limited experience with Kangals I would guess that around 100 lbs. would be usual and depending on whether or not it is a male or female, males are typically larger. However you could check with the Kangal Dog Club to get a more accurate answer to your question. http://www.kangalclub.com/ Contact any of the board of directors and I’m sure they’d be glad to help.

    Thanks,Russ

    ReplyDelete