Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Job well done







The other night we were sitting around a camp fire with Arie tied up nearby. She began to bark at something in the darkness. My first thought was that it was probably some deer which are almost always out in the fields at night. I went over to her to let her know it was alright. Then a minute or so later she barked more persistently, until we heard a chicken squawking rather loudly. At that point Arie was really onto something and was barking with much intent, though she was tied securely to a fence.


I grabbed my 20 gauge and drove out in the truck where the chickens were being kept. I found a chicken that had certainly been molested by some critter. I scanned the area with my head mounted flashlight and saw some eyes peering at me a ways off. So I got in the truck and headed for it with the headlights on bright to get a better look. It was a fox! I chased it up into the woods where I could no longer drive. I got out and scanned the woods with my light. The eyes showed up again then disappeared. I was facing the highway and didn't want to shoot towards it so I circled around, then the fox eyes glowed back at me in the darkness again, I took aim and pulled the trigger.


It just so happened that the shot in the dark took out the foxes heart and it dropped in it's tracks. If Arie had not alerted us I might not have gotten to it before it killed the chicken. As it turned out the chicken was alright it only lost a patch of feathers on it's neck. A very close call for the chicken.


Again Arie has done her job! I am more than pleased with our amazing Kangal Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment