Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A video of Arie and Stinky Oct. 30



This video begins with Stinky the goat laying in a make shift house, which is simply a water trough turned on it's side. We moved the goats back to movable pens out on the pasture to glean what is left of the grass before winter sets in. I had just put Arie in with him for the day and she was not used to the new house so she sniffs the trough curiously. After Stinky gets up Arie thinks it's play time.

I suspect this playing is not entirely good though Stinky seems to enjoy it a little. Arie is getting used to being bumped by his horns. She seems to have fun with it now whereas before she would yelp and get offended. I believe this is something I have to watch. I figure if she gets too rough with Stinky I might put here with the other goat which is more dominant and probably won't be so tolerant of Arie. However when Stinky has had enough he really gives her the boot and she then leaves him alone.

This is all new to me so I'm not entirely sure what is healthy and what is not as far as play goes with the livestock. I've watched Arie become way more comfortable with those horns over the past week or so. Time will tell if it becomes a problem or not.

The baaing that you hear on the video is not coming from the goat. It is coming from a lamb in a nearby pen. If a person didn't know better they might think it was the goat. Just thought I should clarify that.

No comments:

Post a Comment