Kangal Dog Puppy

Kangal Dog Puppy

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Puppy Food

Today I opened the third 34 pound bag of Purina Puppy Chow. So in 17 1/2 weeks Arie has eaten 68lbs. of it. That's 3.9 lbs. per week so far of store bought food. It was $24.79 for the 34 lb. bag of Puppy Chow at a local grocery store today. It cost $49.58 plus tax to feed her for 17.5 weeks.

I couldn't guess how much Arie has eaten of the chicken and turkey innards and broth. Twice a day I usually give her a heart and a liver or a gizzard or a couple livers or a few hearts, whatever is most handy, plus enough broth to make the Puppy Chow float slightly. When we get done butchering the poultry I boil up the innards along with the feet. We've heard that there are lots of good nutrients in the feet. If it's good for people I reckon it's good for this fast growing pup. I don't feed her the actual feet themselves, however. I'm afraid until she gets all her adult teeth that she might not be able to chew them up well enough.

As of last Saturday she has begun to eat raw venison pieces and the bones to chew on also. She still has puppy teeth so she isn't going through many bones other than to eat the meat chunks off of them and to chew off any cartilage.

No comments:

Post a Comment